It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Coastal Catastrophe: Stories From The Band, For The People
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Cleveland, June 11th: The show last night was good. Now That's Class was pretty hopping AND it was dollar off beer night (or maybe it was only a dollar off for an unknown time period, but Kidd bought me two beers... and it cost him a whopping two dollars... BANG)! I have to say ice cold, fresh, Blatz is hard to beat... It's not better than Keystone Light, though. For some reason there was a lot of ninja style fighting going on from friends and band members alike. That might be an ongoing tour thing, but I'm not sure. The lineup consisted of Worlds Becoming, a Maiden-esq band, followed by Bled The Night, a core-esq band, then Law Of Destruction, a thrash/groove band featuring members of Crypt Kicker, and a few Tim Owens projects. We headlined and we don't normally do that. It was fun. It was a very "diversified" show, I think. Thanks to all who showed up and Paul, owner of one of Cleveland's finest venues! Heading to Pittsburgh in a little while.

Favorite Moment: One of Bled The Night's guitar players covered his eyes with his picking hand and began doing pull offs on his guitar with the other. While doing so he began inching his way toward the front of the stage unaware of the actual distance between himself and the edge. Before you know it half his foot hits the edge, the hand comes off the eyes, and a moment of terror passes his face. It actually scared me. The stage isn't that far from floor level, but anyone who's seen "Grape Stomp" knows you don't need a big drop to fuck shit up. Regardless, no one was hurt and it was laughable (I probably would have laughed if he fell, too... but only if he wasn't hurt too bad).

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Coastal Catastrophe: Stories From The Band, For The People
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:33 pm 

Those stage edges are tricky. I fell off stage once... in the middle of a verse. It was pretty funny but you're right about Grape Stomp. Hit that solar plexus just right and you are a mewling infant for a minute or more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:21 pm 
Rivet Head
Rivet Head

Yeah, whatever. Lets see what you can do tonight! I'd like to say Im looking forward but after playing last night as well, I can barely get my neck to work this morning. See you guys there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 am 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Pittsburgh, June 12th: Being from Cleveland, Vindicator is naturally afraid of Pittsburgh... June 12th made us embrace a city we were uncertain of. The venue was kind of small. Crown The Lost headlined. They're a cool traditional metal type band. It was a good time. We ate Pittsburghers, smoked some hookah, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

Favorite Moment: Sprinting to the trailer to unload the spare guitar in the middle of our set because Mick broke a string, while Jesse and Kidd held the "audience" at bay with blues jams.

Richmond, June 13th: We got held up from two hours worth of multiple traffic jams, but it was worth it. The turn out was low, but the kids who were there were awesome. Brutallion opened (seek them out on TU) and played a wicked set. Those guys have some serious potential. Keep up the awesomeness, dudes! Hellrazor played next. Very cool traditional/thrash band. Best part was I'm almost positive Jack Black was the front man. Very cool guys, great music. Possessor came up next. CRAZY STAGE SHOW. Very awesome thrash band pursuing classic eighties stage antics complete with roofing nails and pentagrams. Looking forward to jamming with those guys again tomorrow. At War closed and I have to say, it was so awesome to see those guys (our label mates) thrash. Very energetic, awesome songs. Excellent show... Except I never got my ground lift back from them... It was for a good cause. Transgression (you can also seek them out on TU) was supposed to play, but there was some sort of foul up with time constraints, etc., etc. I bought an album though, because damn it, I wanted to hear them. No worries guys, we'll hit you up again! Awesome night.

Favorite Quote: They don't make fat hookers. Nobody would order them. - Jesse Stown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:29 pm 
Rivet Head
Rivet Head

Yeah, there was certainly an issue with time there and we werent going to come out on top of it. I was ok with it until you guys played then, I was ready to play as well. You guys got me in the mood to play. But I talked with Sarah and we are going to try to hook up later this year when you guys head back out. Either way, we took that show to see you guys play and we did, and you guys killed it. Awesome show, we loved it. Good luck guys...and gal with the tour. We'll see ya next time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Transgression wrote:
Yeah, there was certainly an issue with time there and we werent going to come out on top of it. I was ok with it until you guys played then, I was ready to play as well. You guys got me in the mood to play. But I talked with Sarah and we are going to try to hook up later this year when you guys head back out. Either way, we took that show to see you guys play and we did, and you guys killed it. Awesome show, we loved it. Good luck guys...and gal with the tour. We'll see ya next time.

Thanks guys! I guess we'll see you next time for sure then!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Newport News, June 14th: Budda's Place is an awesome place indeed! It was a hell of a show. There were a few locals, Possessor, and us. The first band on (their name is currently slipping my mind) was a core-esq band of nice, young fellows. My favorite thing about their set was that they played Hallowed Be Thy Name. Albeit, the vocals were nowhere near what they needed to be, I'm not so much of an elitist that I can't enjoy my all time favorite song, no matter how butchered it was. An industrial/power metal type band was on next, named Astral. A tight group with a great vocalist. Possessor assaulted the stage after that. I actually got to watch them this time and I was more than satisfied. They covered Possessed By Fire, for fucks sake. AWESOME. Keep your eyes on those guys. We played an awesome, high-energy, set. A lot of fun and today... we're all in pain. Especially Marshall, who kissed Kidd's head with his eye socket. Today he looks like Rocky after Apollo Creed got a hold him.

Favorite Quote: Marshall made contact of the fourth kind with Kidd's dome piece. - Me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm 
Poser
Poser

Thanks guys we had a blast playing with you. Looking forward to some more shows in the fall. Keep thrashin. - Robbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Raleigh, June 13th: We had a lot of fun tearing it up with Hellrazor and still managed to shine through multiple miscues and bumps. The venue was cool and the people who were there thoroughly enjoyed our set. Hellrazor took the stage after us playing their awesome style of melodic traditional metal. It was brought to my attention that Hellrazor features Jim Hunter from Twisted Tower Dire and October 31 (a personal favorite band of mine) and Charlie Shackelford from Daylight Dies. I knew I recognized Jim from some where... Coolest thing, they played Restless And Wild! I love that song! But we were in store for our biggest "Catastrophe" yet... VAN DEATH. After the gig we drove about an hour, stopped at a Walmart to get some stuffs and found out it was the only Walmart in the U.S. that wasn't open twenty four hours... We shut off the van to check the hours and she wouldn't start again... Death from fuel pump. Getting her worked on now and hoping we can still make the Philly show.

Favorite Moment: Marshall jumping off the drum riser and thinking to himself "This probably looks super cool." and then falling down when he made contact with the stage. Classic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 am 
Rivet Head
Rivet Head

Hell yeah, thanks for the kind words. You guys totally blew us away, it was fucking great! Possessor, kudos to them for playing awesome face-melting metal, we definitely need to get more shows with you guys!! At War; Fucking yes, that's all I have to say. Next time we will smoke, god damn it. We were literally walking the streets from our car to the venue smoking a jay, pretty sweet stuff.

I think the best moment of the night was when our friend was buying you guys beer, and letting people burn patterns from cigarettes into his arm. *Face palm*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:53 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Brutallion wrote:
Hell yeah, thanks for the kind words. You guys totally blew us away, it was fucking great! Possessor, kudos to them for playing awesome face-melting metal, we definitely need to get more shows with you guys!! At War; Fucking yes, that's all I have to say. Next time we will smoke, god damn it. We were literally walking the streets from our car to the venue smoking a jay, pretty sweet stuff.

I think the best moment of the night was when our friend was buying you guys beer, and letting people burn patterns from cigarettes into his arm. *Face palm*

Haha! How is that guys arm, anyways?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 pm 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Somewhere in Maryland, June 16th: As you can tell by reading where we are, we're not in Philly. We were incredibly disappointed to have to cancel our appearance at the Philadelphia show. Our van did in fact get repaired in time to make the show, but in exchange for it's repair we lost the ability to use the power outlets (cigarette lighter sockets) to charge things like our GPS... We had to drive blind for most of the trip and lost too much time. We can charge our GPS via wall socket so when we stopped for the night, we jumped right on that. In addition to losing the power outlets, we got a nice cracked windshield from a rock kicked up by a passing semi. Day off today. Going to try and relax before Boston tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:31 pm 

Ahh, that's tremendously shitty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:18 pm 
Rivet Head
Rivet Head

I saw it the day after but I haven't seen it today. It is looking pretty infected!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:21 am 
Thrash-a-holic
Thrash-a-holic

Boston, June 18th: Woke up early in Connecticut on a mission. A mission to get our power outlets working so we could utilize our GPS and not stress about barely knowing where we were headed. We lucked out and managed to get to Boston in good time. Boston had an amazing turn out. Played with Led To The Grave, Fatal, and Razormaze. It was hot as fuck and it was awesome.

Favorite Moment: After the show, we were about to head out when a random drive by egging occurred... I saw what I thought was an insect fly over Led To The Grave's van and the next thing I heard was Marshall saying "Ow." I looked at the ground and there lay the egg. That's when I pieced the whole scene together. Nice job Boston eggers. You threw an egg from a moving car and it bounced off a person. Pat yourself on the back. It was a good laugh, though.

P.S. I'm way behind on my updates with everything going on. No worries though, I'll catch up!